As a busy woman it is essential that you remain organized and keep your life, family, and ministry running as smoothly as possible. Technology can either be a great help or, in some cases a hindrance – especially if you already have a system that works well. If you love your paper planner, that’s definitely okay. But even then, a collection of programs known as a “productivity suite” could help you become even more organized, and in most cases, more efficient. Most productivity suites (a.k.a office suites) will include most of the high traffic productivity tools such as:
- Word processor – for creating rich text documents. These allow you to make text bold, add designs, and do basic desktop publishing.
- Spreadsheet program – These allow you to store information in tables and cells and is extremely useful for finance and general calculations (such as home, event, or ministry budget planning).
- Presentation program – for creating presentations to share with others.
- Database program – for creating a database to hold items such as shopping lists, contacts, task lists, and more.
Others also include:
- Email client – for checking email. Usually includes a calendar as well.